Main Window consists of:
- Menu Bar:
- File Menu - save/load log, exit application
- Edit Menu - preferences, clean temporary directory*/configuration file**, clean report field - more info
- Tools Menu - dialogs providing GUI for different operations available within pdftk
- Scripts Menu - recent scripts, favorite scripts, Scripts dialog
- Help Menu - this documentation, pdftk man page, check for updates
- Tool Bar - provides quick access for some functions:
- displays some useful information: configuration file information, operation reports, errors, etc.
- Pdftk output:
- displays contents of standard output and standard error streams of pdftk process.
- displays everything printed with qDebug, qWarning and qFatal. Most probably, you won't need this information...
- Active directory
- Scripts will be executed with active directory as parent directory. FileDialog's working directory will be be set to this directory.
You can change/view this directory using corresponding buttons. Also you can switch among recent active directories using drop-down list.
When launched, PdfTk-QGUI tries to find 'suslictk.rc' - configuration file.
At first, it searches in the directory, where PdfTk-QGUI binary file is located. Then it searches in 'temporary directory'*.
If no configuration file is found, PdfTk-QGUI will alert you about it and will try to use default values, i.e. pdftk command - 'pdftk <input file> ...', viewer - none, style - Cleanlooks.
Next, PdfTk-QGUI checks, if pdftk is available - it executes 'pdftk --help', and if this command fails to start, it offers you to enter pdftk binary path, or perform automated search.
ATTENTION! Automated search may be very slow! All your mounted hard drives will be searched recursively beginning with root directory('/')) for a binary file with the name containing "pdftk". Then you will be asked to select appropriate file from the list.
If you don't want to perform automated search, you can enter pdftk binary path manually. If you reject both opportunities, PdfTk-QGUI will exit. (from version 0.1.9 and higher it will continue to work, but all features that require pdftk execution will be unavailable)
If configuration file is found, PdfTk-QGUI will try to read needed parameters (all additional information, stored in this file will be ignored!).
- A - attach files
- B - split document
- C - catenate documents
- D - decrypt file
- G - get file info
- E - encrypt file
- H - suslictk help
- P - preferences
- R - rebuild document
- U - unpack files
- V - view document
N.B. You don't have to write these configuration files yourself! PdfTk-QGUI will do it for you! (see Preferences section for more information). But of course you can edit them with your favorite text editor.
- suslictk.rc - main configuration file.
List of available options (for version 0.1.6)
- [pdftkbin] - full path to pdftk binary
- [viewer] - full path to pdf viewer binary - used to display created pdf files.
- [lookandfeel] - style of PdfTk-QGUI (Cleanlooks, Plastique, Motif, GTK (for Qt >=4.5))
- [background_main] background color of report field, if no external css file or background image is specified.
- [textcolor_main] color of text in report field, if no external css file is specified
- [background-common]*** background of Catenate and rebuild, Burst, Attach, Encrypt dialogs and report field if no external css file is specified or if custom backgrounds for each dialog are not specified
(1 - number of image file, specified in bgimg.rc file. If none, value from [background_main] will be used, or, if [background_main] is not found - default, black)
- [background-att], [background-bur], [background-cat], [background-encr], [background-report]*** - number of image file for attach, burst, catenate, encrypt dialogs and report field respectively.
- [ext-css]*** - full path to external css file.
- [fav-scripts] names of favorite scripts (semicolon separated)
- bgimg.rc - optional configuration file - list of backgrounds (full path required!)
- scripts.rc - list of scripts. Example:
txt2pdf * * ?
You may need the following information to write css file:
* Temporary directory - %HOME DIRECTORY%/.suslictk
**Configuration file - suslictk.rc ('Delete rc' command will try to delete %HOME DIRECTORY%/.suslictk/suslictk.rc)
***Options marked with '***' are not necessary for PdfTk-QGUI to start. If any other option is missing, it may cause an error.
Используются технологии uCoz